Building owners who are not already tracking whole-building data in Energy Star will undertake a multi-step process to comply:
- Set up an account in Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- Enter whole building energy (gas & electric) and water data for the previous calendar year.
- Submit your report to the St. Louis Building Division.
- Need assistance? Contact the Building Division at 314-622-5689 or email@example.com.
The program is phased in by building ownership:
- All municipal buildings of at least 50,000 square feet must comply no later than December 31, 2017 and each May 1st thereafter.
- Owners of non-municipal buildings (institutional, commercial, and multifamily residential) of at least 50,000 square feet must comply no later than May 1st annually.
Download a PDF of our reporting checklist with added screenshots for reference.
GATHERING & REQUESTING UTILITY DATA
- Refer to the ENERGY STAR Data Collection Worksheet for a full list of required data for your property
- Access your St. Louis Building ID on the homepage of www.stlbenchmarking.com. Alert us if you have issues locating your Building ID by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 314-622-5689
- Access historical energy use data using your past bills, or by setting up accounts on your utility websites (see presentation for more specific instructions):
- Click on Online Account Access to log in. Once logged in, click on the Consumption Tab to access your previous bills.
- Note that water billing is quarterly, and that water is billed in CCF (centum cubic feet). The read date listed on each bill should be entered as the billing period end date in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- If you have questions, please contact the Water Division’s Customer Service Section at 314-771-2255 between 8:00-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Multi-tenant Buildings Only: You may request aggregated whole-building data from Ameren Missouri & Spire. Click our Utility Release Form below to submit requests to Ameren Missouri and/or Spire to the contact methods at each utility listed down below:
Requesting Steam Usage – Ashley Energy (formerly Trigen)
Buildings that use steam can request their usage from Ashley Energy using the form below. (Instructions are on the form.)
Click here to download a PDF of the “Request for Steam Consumption History” form
If you need data from before you bought the building, you'll also need a signed release from the last owner.
Click here to download a PDF of the “Previous Owner Release” form
Think your building qualifies for an exemption or you need to file for an extension? Complete the Exemptions/Extensions form online.
Exemptions & Extensions Form
Any owner requesting such an extension or exemption shall provide the Commissioner any and all documentation request to substantiate the request or otherwise assist the Commissioner in the extension or exemption determination. Any extension or exemption granted shall be limited to the benchmarking submission for which the request was made and shall not extend to past or future submittals.