Building owners who are not already tracking whole-building data in Energy Star will undertake a multi-step process to comply:
- Set up an account in Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- Enter whole building energy (gas & electric) and water data for the previous calendar year.
- Submit your report to the St. Louis Building Division.
- Need assistance? Contact the Building Division at 314-622-5689 or email@example.com.
The program is phased in by building ownership:
- All municipal buildings of at least 50,000 square feet must comply no later than December 31, 2017 and each April 1 thereafter.
- Owners of non-municipal buildings (institutional, commercial, and multifamily residential) of at least 50,000 square feet must comply no later than April 1, 2018 and each April 1 thereafter.
- Collect data on water, gas and electric energy used by the building.
- Create an account in the EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- Add your property to your account.
- Enter the size and details of the building’s uses.
- Set up your energy (gas & electric) and water meters in Portfolio Manager with the correct units.
- Enter your energy and water use data.
- Run a data quality check.
- Add any contextual information.
- Add your St. Louis Building ID.
- Generate and submit your energy and water report using the St. Louis reporting template.
GATHERING & REQUESTING UTILITY DATA
- Refer to the ENERGY STAR Data Collection Worksheet for a full list of required data for your property
- Access your St. Louis Building ID on the homepage of www.stlbenchmarking.com. Alert us if you have issues locating your Building ID by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 314-622-5689
- Access historical energy use data using your past bills, or by setting up accounts on your utility websites (see presentation for more specific instructions):
Multi-tenant Buildings Only: You may request aggregated whole-building data from Ameren Missouri & Spire. Click our Utility Release Form below to submit requests to Ameren Missouri and/or Spire to the contact methods at each utility listed down below:
Requesting Steam Consumption History – Ashley Energy
Buildings which use steam from Ashley Energy (formerly Trigen) may request monthly steam consumption volumes for 2017.
Click here to download a PDF of the “Request for Steam Consumption History” form
Please complete and send to:
Danielle Gierer, Executive Administrative Assistant
Ashley Energy LLC
One Ashley Place
St. Louis, MO 63102
Or complete, scan and email to: email@example.com
Think your building qualifies for an exemption or you need to file for an extension? Complete and send the following form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemptions & Extensions Form
Any owner requesting such an extension or exemption shall provide the Commissioner any and all documentation request to substantiate the request or otherwise assist the Commissioner in the extension or exemption determination. Any extension or exemption granted shall be limited to the benchmarking submission for which the request was made and shall not extend to past or future submittals.